Intern, Corporate Strategy Job
Date: May 2, 2013
Location: New York, NY, US
Requisition #: 143412BR
Posting Location: New York, NY, US
Area of Interest:Project/Program Management
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks an Intern for our Corporate Strategy group. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The Corporate Strategy Intern will perform deep analysis and synthesis of internal and third-party data to form perspectives and recommendations for executive management. The Intern may support the high-speed data, video, commercial services, and/or wireless business units.
The Corporate Strategy Intern will take full ownership over one or two projects during the internship period and provide analysis support on existing projects. The output will include presentation materials for executive management with supporting documentation and sources (spreadsheets, data). An example project may include a five-year forecast of emerging consumer trends and applications or a deep dive on emerging competition.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information and analysis into thoughtful, articulate point-of- views and executive-level recommendations.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work across functional areas such as engineering, operations, finance, and marketing.
- Proven ability to liaise between technical and business areas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The job requires strong computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing MBA or similar advanced degree with a BA/BS in business, economics, engineering, or a scientific/technical field.
- Will also consider junior/senior undergraduate students pursuing a degree in business, economics, engineering, or a scientific/technical field.
- Applicants must be continuing their education in the fall following their participation in the program.
- Must have permanent US work authorization.
- Should have experience or coursework relevant to business need.
- Family members may apply. See Corporate employment of relatives policy..
- Required overall GPA 3.0.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00158 - NYC 1 TW Ctr \ 60 Columbus Cir
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Segments: Intern, Engineer, Network, Program Manager, Telecom, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology, Management