Senior Network Engineer - Advance Routing Team Job
Date: Apr 12, 2014
Location: Columbus, OH, US
Requisition #: 147330BR
Posting Location: Columbus, OH, US
Area of Interest:Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Do you want to work for a fortune 200 company and report to a fantastic people leader that will push you to excel? The new Senior Network Engineer on our Advanced Routing Team will enjoy working as part of dynamic team and will be located in Columbus, OH. Specifically, the role calls for the Senior Network Engineer to develop innovative solutions and maintain network monitoring and system performance tools, techniques, policies and procedures. Also to configure, service and support all routing and switching equipment necessary for the delivery of Metro Ethernet services, regional Ethernet and inter-regional Ethernet services. This includes all equipment, both active and passive, in both the core and metro network.
The ultimate goal for this Senior Network Engineer is to become a trusted partner of our engineering team through the delivery of excellent customer service and knowledge that will allow our business to grow. This opportunity will have good visibility with our engineering department and potential for moving into more senior levels of responsibility in the future.
Outstanding medical & dental benefits
401k & Pension
You will also be responsible for :
- Troubleshoots and resolves critical network and system issues.
- Project management - document project requirements including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality on time and within budget
- Mentors and trains other Engineering personnel in key elements of networking systems and provide technical presentations to instruct co-workers and other production services support individuals.
- Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
- Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance.
- As part of an on-call/standby rotation, respond to after-hours call-out for service restoration, troubleshooting, network testing and repair of all necessary equipment.
- Track all equipment RMAs and ensure that proper levels of spare inventory are maintained.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or equivalent job experience (7 to 10 years of data network design, planning and support experience) preferred
- CCNP minimum required and/or equivalent certifications,
- 5+ years' experience with Cisco or Juniper required.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN, WAN, and telecommunication equipment, understanding of all OSI layers from application to physical, knowledge of RIP, OSPF and BGP, and experience with bandwidth utilization monitoring required.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience supporting/maintaining Cisco/Juniper and other major firewall technology platforms required.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience supporting/maintaining VPN, proxies, system hardening, security policies with extensive knowledge of security practices/technologies required.
- Must have demonstrated experience utilizing structured change and project management methodologies.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
- Must have the ability to facilitate and lead meetings to negotiate understanding and agreement; provide lead work direction and perform project management responsibilities, including developing logical, efficient project plans, establishing priorities, assigning and delegating tasks, providing guidance and training to team members, anticipating and avoiding problems, monitoring and managing task completion and working collaboratively with team members, other Engineering staff and customer groups to ensure project accountability
Candidate should have in-depth understanding of:
Networking Protocols (IPv6, 802.3 Ethernet, RPR/DPT, 802.11, 802.17- )
Routing Protocols (BGP, IS-IS, RIP, OSPF, PIM, MPLS- )
Internet Protocols (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP- )
DOCSIS Technologies and Services
Optical Networking (CWDM, DWDM, PON- )
IP Presence, Messaging and Session Management (SIP, SIP-T, CPIM, SDP, Packet Cable DCS, etc- )
Security Technologies (AAA, PKI, DRM- )
FCC Unit_TWC: 0534
Controlling Establishment ID: 00026 - Columbus Olentangy River Rd
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segments: Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Medical, Network Engineer, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering