Diversity & Inclusion Mission
Communications Vehicle for Diversity Discussions
- Diversity Council members work to identify relevant communications to deliver impactful messages that will help enhance companywide awareness and understanding of the diversity initiative.
Strategic Resource to TWC’s Senior Leadership
- Diversity Council members work in partnership with Diversity Senior Advisors, to refine ideas generated by employees and develop them into business proposals around TWC strategy for submission to senior leadership.
Governance for Local Diversity Councils and Networks:
- Diversity Council members work in local teams and in partnership with RVPs of HR to establish local diversity resource networks, in support of open dialogue and discussion, and pursue diversity oriented initiatives.
Corporate Diversity Councils
Time Warner Cable’s Chairman and CEO Glenn Britt leads the Executive Inclusion Council. The Executive Inclusion Council works in partnership with the local Diversity Councils to support Time Warner Cable’s diversity initiatives.
The TWC Mentorship Program provides employees with the opportunity to build skills, knowledge, and achieve development goals, while providing the opportunity for the mentor to further enhance his/her skill set as a coach and adviser. Other benefits of a mentorship program include:
- Supports succession planning
- Facilitates inclusion
- Enhances loyalty and retention
- Improves employee satisfaction
- Increases visibility of talent
- Breaks down organizational silos
- Provides opportunity for mentors to enhance skill sets as coaches and advisers
Time Warner Cable offers a variety of employee networks. These networks help our employees grow personally and professionally which contributes to the success of our company and the communities we serve.
- Black Business Employee Network
- Go Green
- Health & Wellness Network
- Hispanic Women’s Network
- Hola TWC
- Out @ TWC
- The Women’s Collective
- The Women’s Network
- Women in Technology
- Women Installers
- Women Leaders
Recruitment & Hiring
To compete in today’s diverse marketplace, we must attract, develop and retain the best talent from among the broadest range of people, backgrounds and perspectives. We are building an inclusive workplace and a corporate culture that draws on the greatest range of our people — and we are committed to building our reputation as an employer of choice.
It is a priority for TWC decision makers to consider Minority and Women Business Enterprises (MWBE) whenever possible and MWBE spend is measured each quarter at all local and corporate levels. MWBE suppliers can register with TWC at www.twcablesupplierdiversity.com. This same web site can be used to obtain a list of local MWBE suppliers.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform; without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
“My goal for Time Warner Cable is to create a company that values true diversity, with an open environment that allows us to blend the experiences, cultures, influences, languages, and perspectives of our employees and our customers.”
Chairman and CEO
As a Time Warner Cable employee, you can take advantage of our corporate partnerships that provide professional development opportunities.